Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Introducing

I wrote this press release about the beard wearing :-

In order to raise money for causes to end violence and the fear of violence towards women, Comedienne and Activist Liz Ely is being sponsored to wear a beard for a week.

Motivated by the lack of funding for womens organisation, Liz came up with wearing a beard as way to gain publicity for Reclaim the night and to raise money.

'I'm too lazy to run a marathon, and too much of a wimp to throw myself out of a plane. What I am good at is getting attention, and I have a very high embarressment threshold'

The week of beard wearing will commence on the 20th of february, and Liz will keep a blog of her experiences.

'I am passionately committed to the fight against mens violence towards women, hopefully when people ask me why the hell I have a fake beard on, I can tell them a bit about Reclaim the night'

No comments:

Post a Comment