Sunday, February 15, 2009

8 days to go...

I've decided to start writing this blog now, in order to give a valuable insight into what goes on in the mind of a woman who decides to wear a beard for a week. Something, I'm sure, you have often wondered.

Having handed in my dissertation part 1 it the reality of doing stand up this week, and wearing a beard next week is beginning to dawn. I think a picture of me is going to be in the metro in a few days, and my name is in big letters in the list.
This makes me feel excited, but also under some pressure. It's been a little while since I did stand up, and it's all new material. I am in no way an experienced comedian, so seeing 'Liz Ely - comedian' feels a bit funny.

I have finally published some information on this site, and am in the process of aqcuring an online sponsorship tool which is proving a bit of a challenge because Reclaim the Night is a collective of individuals, not a famous registered charity. I also need to tell the maximum number of people about this in order to raise money. I am no longer on facebook and it turns out I don't actually have 310 friends.

I also have to do a food shop because I keep stealing my flatmates' food. We have a very communal attitude to food in our house which is good, but I don't want to be the reason that everyone starts writing notes on their cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I just got an email informing me about you. Then I realised you are the same you as you. And that I already knew about all this. And it's interesting and stuff. And I may come and see you tomorrow night being funny and bearded.

    Good work, Ely!

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete