Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A recipie for calming nerves.

So I am still pretty nervous about tonight, and I haven't bought the beard yet.

I got my act all written down and I am pleased with it, though I am quite surprised at how often my humour tends towards the visceral. I'm quite glad my parents live far away and don't feel the need to come and watch. Once upon a time a Salvation Army Officer (ie vicar) said that she could see me becoming an Officer one day. She wasn't totally wrong, the stand up I do is a sort of 'preaching' of feminism through rudeness and daftness. 'Preachiness' tends to be an insult within stand up, but that's nonsense really. Whatever you get up and say on a stage is politically loaded, the only difference is the level to which this is made obvious.

Anyway I am still nervous. To calm my nerves I have invented a recipie which combines all the comforting properties of chocolate and soup. I call it, 'Chocolate soup'.


Ingredients.

1 bar bournville chocolate (or any chocolate, dark is best)
1 Banana
Some milk.

Method.

Break up the chocolate and put it in a bowl, add milk bearing in mind the more milk, the runnier your soup will be. Put in the microwave and heat on med-high for 2 or 3 minutes, keep checking it to make sure it doesn't burn. Stir occasionally. Chop banana, when the soup is all mixed and runny and lovely, add the banana. Eat with a spoon.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment