Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gig's eve.

So I have as of yet failed to get an online tool for sponsorship going, and I haven't even bought the beard yet. Tommorrow.

I have learned that monday morning I have a meeting with the project development worker at my new job; my first major task with the beard. The prospect of meeting my new colleauges for the first time wearing a fake beard is daunting, still, having a high embarressment threshold is a good quality in a youth worker isn't it? It shows my personal commitment to social justice doesn't it? eek.

On the subject of eek, I have been practicing my stand up routine. It's a weird thing stand up, you come up with things that you find funny enough to say infront of an audience; then you practice how you are going to say it many times, until it all ceases to be even remotely amusing. Talking to myself in my room makes me feel less nervous about it all, but the stomach butterflies are still there in abundance.

Still this time tomorrow it will be over.. and I can get on with preparing to beard it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment