Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 1 - Baptism of fire, nearly.

Today was the day I was most apprehensive about, but everything is going well so far. Meeting with my new work colleagues went well, (they seemed amused and mildly impressed) I had warned them before-hand, though they said that it would have been funnier if I hadn't.
A bus driver said 'nice moustache', I walked past a group of builders who went quiet. There have been a few stares and giggles though on the whole I have been surprised at the capacity of the Edinburgh public to ignore absolutely everything.
I was interveiwed for Leith FM which was quite exciting, and my sponsorship total creeps ever upward. A good day all in all.

The main problem I have encountered so far is the chaifing of my ears by the beard's elastic. After about an hour it gets quite sore, I think tommorrow I will try to clip the beard to my hair. Eating is also a bit of a problem. I have had a very busy day with no time to eat until around 4, It is very difficult to eat with a fake beard on because I can't open my mouth very far.
The most dramatic event of the day came towards the end when I was lighting the hobb on our oven. I brought the match close to my mouth to blow it out..... Thankfully I remembered quite quickly that was wearing a fake beard, otherwise that could have been quite nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment