Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 3 vanity trumps sickness

Today's highlight was having my picture taken in numerous places by someone who actually gets paid to take pictures, exciting :). I don't usually like my appearance in photos, there is usually a bit too much face for my liking. I think I have a kind of reverse dysmorphia where I think I look way better than I actually do, however couple of these ones are actually quite good, and will be on this site ASAP, as well as hopefully in the list.

In beard related news, today I was walking through the meadows past a group full of students who had to completely stop their conversation, before thinking they were at a safe distance to say 'Ohhkayyy'. heh heh. I'm not sure why I find that amusing, but I do. Perhaps it's because it's like being back at school where my Chewbacca bag would draw similar responses.

Tommorrow I am going to force myself to talk about Reclaim the night, or at least give a flyer to everyone who says 'nice beard'.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry if this comes across as rude, it's not meant that way. But when EFN began it began as an activist group. It has since become only about discussions and films etc, which is good of course, but when you mentioned the activism and how EFN isn't about that, well, I just felt I had to remind you that the initial aim was to be an activism group, and at the time there was some disagreement - a number of people wanted to be more activist and less about films/discussion and another number of people wanted to concentrate on the more 'fun' side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment taken into account, it was inappropriate of me to make such a comment on an individual and very public blog and have thus retracted it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nor did I wish to imply that EFN isn't about activism, as I believe discussion groups and film nights to be part of activism, which is why I have removed that particular part of the blog.However I don't think this is really the place to discuss this, though I appreciate the fact that my ill thought out comment prompted the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No harm done. It isn't the place to discuss such a mater no, but as you say I was commenting directly on what you wrote. However it did not require in depth discussion it was merely observation. I stand by what I said but think you are perhaps being slightly to hard on yourself about it, of course that may just be my perception, it is hard to tel with only words to go by sometimes.

    On a different note, raising money for such great causes which don't get much funding otherwise is great. A heartfelt well done you!

    ReplyDelete