Thursday, February 19, 2009

Beard Bought :)

Today I bought the beard ! It's a charming brown nautical beard which will hopefully match my own hair colour for a natural look and realistic appearance.

I deliberated over the above beard, and a big curly pirate one with the woman who works in the shop, but decided that the smaller cheaper beard would be more comfortable.
I asked for a discount on the beard because I would be wearing it for charity, but was declined, so no free publicity for them (they obviously don't know how important I am...).

I still feel really happy about how well last night went, and how many awesome people I spoke to. There was a general feeling that perhaps next week would be a trail run, and if I come through unscathed, next year more women will get sponsored to submit to their hairy desires - either by growing body hair, or getting a fake moustache - the possibilities are numerous. I think it would be awesome to make February Ladyhair month ( that's not as catchy as Movember, but maybe we could collectively come up with a better name)


My flatmate suggested that I would raise more money if people would sponsor me to do specific things in the beard. I have already had one offer of £50 if I can pull in the beard (this seems quite a challenge, I'm quite picky).


So.. any suggestions? email them to alwaystwirling@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment